Your contributions are deducted from your wages, automatically. So, once you’ve joined KiwiSaver, if it suits your circumstances, you can just forget about your contribution rate; but is this the right approach?
Well, we think it’s better to take a more hands-on approach. And here’s why:
You may be in a default investment portfolio that isn’t quite right for you. Your KiwiSaver account may not have the right mix of assets to achieve what you want. Things change.
New providers come on the scene. Fees go up and, yes, even down. Some providers perform well, others not so well.
Your life changes, maybe you can afford to increase your contributions.
You can see why it’s better not to take a ‘she’ll be right’ approach. And we can help you get the most out of your KiwiSaver account.
We’ll help you understand your approach to risk and your timeframe in which you’d like to achieve your goals. Most importantly, we’ll help you prioritise what you want in retirement, and how much you can put away to save.
Then we’ll come back to you with a personalised KIP recommendation that considers options from an approved range of investment managers.
It’s also important to review your retirement savings plan every now and then. So we’ll usually do that with a call or email.
Here’s what we can do:
- Help you understand your KiwiSaver account, how it works, and what it can do for you.
- Review your KiwiSaver account to help it live up to your expectations.
- Recommend a KiwiSaver provider that can help achieve your savings target.
- Help you choose which of your chosen KiwiSaver provider funds would be a good fit for you.
- Provide you with a tailored retirement plan and financial target to help you enjoy more than just the
- Government pension when you stop work.
Get your KiwiSaver account working for you by talking to our financial experts at AdviceFirst.